Roosamannavaht is an attractive pink pudding made from cranberry or black currant juice boiled with farina or semolina. Sweetish, tangy with lemon zest, and light, this delightful Estonian dessert can be prepared the day before; pour into glass dishes, cover with cling wrap, and refrigerate. Recipe Servings: Serves 4
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- Bring juice, lemon zest, and sugar to a gentle boil in a non-reactive pan.
- Sprinkle on semolina and quickly mix it in.
- Simmer on medium-low for 20 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Whisk mixture until light and fluffy.
- Spoon into serving dishes and allow to cool. Cover with cling wrap, and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Serve garnished with shaved chocolate.
Recipe introduction and directions © Copyright 2016-2020 World Trade Press. All rights reserved.